Monday, July 28, 2008

I Know Everything !

For adult women only, okay there might be a few men that would appreciate this too.

At the beginning, let me say, I don't normally use bad language but sometimes the occasion calls for it, and anyway, my dad started it!
I debated whether or not I should tell this story . Sorry, dad, but it is too funny not to pass it on.
First a little background. My parents are old. Late 70's. Yeah, I know I'll be there one day myself, but once in a while, something happens or is said and you know you just can't keep it to yourself. Hopefully, I'll still be making my kids laugh when I get that old, too.
My mom has Parkinson's Disease. One of the med's she takes causes constipation. She also has a hole in her macula (eye problem) . Her doctor has suggested eye surgery but that doesn't always help. It is like having a dark spot right in the middle of your vision.
Here's the conversation:
Me: "Dad, why is mom procastinating about her eye surgery?"
Dad: "Well, she's got several other things on her mind."
Me: "Like what?"
Dad: "Like her mammogram." (scheduled, but not done yet)
Me: "What's her mammogram got to do with eye surgery?"
Dad: "Well, when they get in there, I'm afraid, they're going to find a blockage."
Me:"A blockage? (puzzled) She hasn't said anything about her breasts hurting or anything. Why would they find a blockage?"
Dad: (getting a little frustrated with me), "Sometimes she says it hurts in here." pointing at his
stomach about where you get heartburn.
Me: Well, she hasn't told me that."
Dad: "She don't tell you everything, but I'm sure she has a blockage."
Me: "Why do you think it's a "blockage"?" (Still trying to figure it out.)
Dad: (getting really testy with me) Well, I call it a blockage when you haven't shit in 6 days !"
Me: (about to run off the road trying not to laugh and not doing it very successfully), Dad, a mammogram is a picture of your boobs !
Dad: "You think you know everything, don't you!!"

Well, evidently I don't. Know everything, I mean, I sure didn't know they could see your shit backing up that far !
You can sure tell that he's never had a mammogram before.

Again, sorry for the language, I don't normally talk that way, but this was a special occasion !
Now go hug an old man!

3 comments:

CrossView said...

ROFL! I'm sorry but that is too funny!

And I love that we can still get in trouble no matter how old we are...

Mostly Sunny said...

Sounds like the conversations with my dad, except he doesn't wear his hearing aids so usually our wacky conversations are because he misunderstands!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Just like a man..not knowing what a mammogram is!! Smile!! I thought this was funny!!
Sorry that I have not been around lately. That vacation just threw me off track.
if you want to sign up for my giveaway just stop by and leave a comment.
Sandy