Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Driving Mr. Charlie

 24 November 2018 at 10:38 ·  

Memories: 

I had to take my dad to a VA hospital in Charleston. 

There are a lot of places on the trip where there are no houses or anything but woods and marsh. 

He went to sleep in the middle of a sentence and I was almost yelling at him to wake up.

.He was slumped over with his face on the window.

 I was sure he had died.

 In the car, in another state, while I was driving. 

I sure wasn't going to have him die in another state and worry about all that paperwork

 that would be involved.

 If asked, I was going to say I thought he was asleep.

 I was determined that I would take him home.

 I was driving and crying. 

When we were a block from his house, he woke up and asked "Are we home yet?"

 I was beyond relief and getting mad all at once!

 I laugh now 

No comments: