Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How I'm Kin To Lynyrd Skynyrd

This is the time of year that I go through boxes and stuff that has accumulated under my bed. I came across some things I had written a few years back and because my creative writing juices seem to be stagnant, I thought you wonderful readers out there might like to read some of my earlier stuff.
This one is entitled
How I'm Kin To Lynyrd Skynyrd
or, My Brush With Fame, (not counting the time I was kissed on the cheek by Burt Reynolds and he was naked from the waist up!)That's another story.

My grandmother Gussie's mother was named Mary Elizabeth Harris.
Mary Elizabeth's mother was Mary Melissa Lane.
Mary Melissa Lane's mother was Mary Campbell.
Mary Campbell had a brother named John Clark Campbell. Gussie's great great Uncle.
John Clark Campbell had a daughter named Susan.
Susan Campbell married George Newton Van Zant.
They had a son and named him Lacy. (I bet he got teased!)
Lacy Van Zant had three sons, Ronnie and Johnny and Donnie Van Zant.
Ronnie and Johnny were the original Lynyrd Skynyrd.
This makes me their 3rd cousin twice removed.
Is that close enough to get free tickets?

1 comment:

CrossView said...

ROFL! I love it! I have some famous kin that way and it got me... nothing!
That's too funny! =D